Friday, January 16, 2009

File transfer to Detroit

As predicted, my file was transferred to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit "to expedite the processing of your application" (that's what the CAIPS notes / bring forward date suggested). I got a letter to this end today, dated January 13th, 2009. Choice quotes:
  • "[Detroit] will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required."
  • "Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter". (I fully intend to ignore this piece of advice if I don't hear anything from them within the next 2-3 weeks, cause the initial assessment should be done by then!)
Anyhoo, I'm happy that things are moving in the right direction! eCas status has not changed yet, but should soon (my bet - Monday).

EDIT (Monday, Jan 19th): eCas now says "We transferred your application to the Detroit office on January 13, 2009. The Detroit office may contact you"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my PQ economic application at buffalo has not been entitled a "priority queue"... i think your MICC stamp really worked!