Monday, January 26, 2009

CAIPS notes, revisited

So I got the second part of the CAIPS notes today and it doesn't say anything interesting in there. The reason is probably because they are dated January 5, the date at which the Montreal office processed my query. However, somewhere in there it does say:

RCMP NAME CHK SENT
RCVD: RESULTS RCMP NAME CHK - NR/SUBJ


As far as I can say, they checked the RCMP database for anyone that matched my name and got a result saying "NR/SUBJ". Presumably this means "no record / negative result on subject", but I can't know for sure. If that is the case, it probably means that they won't need a fingerprint check on me.

They also acknowledge the fact that I did my medicals upfront, but don't contain the actual medical results (cause by that time they had not received them; they confirmed it receipt by email though). Also, the BFD date is still 19.12.2008 and that has to have changed since my file has been transferred since then.

In any case, in a few days from now I should receive the Initial Assessment letter from Detroit. I'm basing this on the totally unfounded generalization - that one guy one some forum, who got his transfer letter a week before me (and who applied a week before me to Buffalo), got the IA letter on the 21st of January. Maybe I'll get a nice gift in the mail on Wednesday (my birthday :) ).

No comments: