Friday, February 13, 2009

Landed!

My day trip to Burlington finished successfully - I landed at the St-Armand border post at around 2pm on February 12th. It was a breeze, took about 15 minutes, nothing special to report about. I even managed to get a SIN later during the day. On Monday, I should be able to apply for a carte soleil (health insurance card) and will probably get it around May 1st. The immigration officer at the border told me that I will be getting the PR card in about 3 weeks.

All in all, from the first letter to get a CSQ to the landing procedure, it took exactly 8 months. It could have been 7 months in all if they didn't suddenly require a new document (proof that I passed my PhD qualifying exam) in order to give me a CSQ and maybe even 6 months if I had all the police certificates right after I got my CSQ. In any case, I cannot complain, as it was much faster than I had expected.

In any case, the journey is now over! Btw, today my eCas was updated: "You entered Canada at the Saint-Armand office on February 12, 2009 and became a Permanent Resident."

3 comments:

suburban knight said...

Congratulations man :)
I just wanna say thanks for all the useful and helpfull information in this blog.
Best of luck in all your future endeavours.

Jewelry & Jewelry Projects said...

Good Luck!You are lucky.
Thanks for sharing use full information to give us ease.
for more detail ve a look
Canada Immigration

Gijo said...

A nice blog which details about the Canadian Immigration from the province Quebec. Thanks for elaborating in detail and congrats for the success.